The NENC-CHD Network are delighted to be able to present the education offer for 2021. We have brought together a range of expert congenital heart disease professionals to share their knowledge and experience of managing the care of children and adults with CHD.
We have designed the programme this year following the feedback given by those who completed our regional education survey. The sessions have been separated into professional groups to ensure we deliver relevant and appropriate education sessions to those who join us.
Each session will be no longer than 90 minutes with time for question and answer with the presenters. All sessions will be delivered via Microsoft Teams and the link to each session is available on the network website and on our social media sites. The sessions are open to all and most of the time there is no need to book a place in advance.
Your contribution to these sessions is valued and we invite you to participate in the session chat using the chat function within the Teams virtual platform. The session will be facilitated and will endeavour to ensure that your questions are addressed by the presenters.
• To extrapolate learning from a variety of case study discussions and apply this learning to practice
• To develop skills in the management of patients with congenital heart disease• To acquire skills in the ABCDE approach and apply this rational to clinical practice
• Distinguish normal values appropriate to age and congenital heart lesion
• Acquire knowledge of common congenital heart disease lesions and the impact this has on the patient’s condition across the life span of the disease
• Recognise signs and symptoms of heart failure
• To have an awareness of pathways of care to support the person living with CHD
Please share widely with your colleagues to ensure we reach all those interested in developing their knowledge and skills in managing patients with congenital heart disease. Please feel free to download a copy of our promotional posters and share them with your colleagues!
A regional education series hosted by NECTAR with a wide variety of subject areas. This month the focus is circulation, NECTAR will be runni...
Case-Based Scenarios: Session 1 (Dr Abbas Khushnood)
14:30 - 14:35: Introduction
14:35 - 14:55: Case 1: If you don’t suspect, you don’t...
Join our 30 minute virtual Congenital Cardiology Lunchtime Drop-in sessions where YOU decide the topic! Please see poster below for more in...
Join our 30 minute virtual Congenital Cardiology Lunchtime Drop-in sessions where YOU decide the topic! Please click here to join on Teams!
Join our 30 minute virtual Congenital Cardiology Lunchtime Drop-in sessions where YOU decide the topic! Please see poster below for more ...
Every third Wednesday at 12:30 until 13th October
What would YOU like to discuss? Please email the network with your ideas email@example.com
Sign up to hear about our education sessions!